This page has moved to a new address.

August 19, 2001 - Today's Questions and Answers from Blogger ED on voiceBoks.com

Mommy Blog Designs: August 19, 2001 - Today's Questions and Answers from Blogger ED on voiceBoks.com

Friday, August 19, 2011

August 19, 2001 - Today's Questions and Answers from Blogger ED on voiceBoks.com

Got Blogger Questions?  You're in the right place!  Or better yet ... hop on over to voiceBoks.com!  I'm leading a Blogger ED event over there ... and you can ask all the questions you want about designing and operating your Blogger Blog!

Here are the questions that were asked today ... the HOW TO blogger Tutorial continues ...


@Anna - Ro, Can you add other sites like vocalpoint to a blogger site ? Where You Can add other sites like purex and monitize from it? Anna 

MY ANSWER - Hi Anna! Thanks for the question ... I understand your desire to monetize your blog. And with Blogger ... it’s really easy to add widgets and banners for your advertisers. You can put them either in your sidebars ... or even above or below your posts. It’s easy to do ...
  1. Log into your Blogger Dashboard and click on DESIGN. 
  2. In the PAGE ELEMENTS editor, simply choose ADD GADGET. Then you can choose if you want to add a picture, or a snippet of code, or anything else from their assortment of widgets. 
  3. Then just add in the appropriate info and click save. You can even drag around the boxes to play around with the layout until your satisfied with it. Have fun! 
@Michael Ann - "Hi. I am wondering how to make my subscriber emails, contain the name of my post. I have a recipe blog so that would be nice. Right now, the emails just say from "The Big Green Bow'l and the topic says "The Big Green Bowl" rather than the recipe that the email contains.

MY ANSWER - Are you using Feedburner to manage your email subscribers? I’m assuming you are ... so I’m going to give you the Feedburner instructions ...
  1. Log into your Feedburner account ... and click on PUBLICIZE 
  2. Along the left hand side of your screen you’ll see EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS. Click on that. 
  3. Then click on EMAIL BRANDING. In there you’ll be able to set how you want your emails to appear. The code that you will use to have your post title as the email is subject is ${latestItemTitle}. Just enter that code into the box where it asks for your Email Subject. 
Let me know if that helps!

@Nan - How can I center photos (without html code) in my sidebar? Please refer to my blog and look under "Playful Sponsors" for the ad in RED - I need it centered.

MY ANSWER - Hmmm ... I gotta tell ya ... I’m enjoying writing this series because I’m actually researching some of this stuff! And this is one question that I’ve been researching. Unfortunately, I can't come up with a clear answer for you. I see there is a solution ... a way to crack into the code ... but I can’t seem to figure it out on my end. It's just not working for me.   So ... I have some alternative suggestions for you ...

  1. You mentioned you didn’t want to use HTML. Why not? That would be the easiest way around this. I would just upload the image into a file hosting service ... and then use the HREF tag to link the URL. And then of course you could use the <center> tag to get it centered. That way would be a sure thing. 
  2. If you really don’t want to use HTML ... another suggestion would be to create a new graphic that is the size of your sidebar. Set it either to white or transparent background ... and then layer your graphic on top ... in the center. Then upload that whole image. 
I hope one of those suggestions will help you! Let me know if not, and I’ll keep digging for ya!

That's it for the questions that came through today.  Thanks for posting them!  And with it being Friday ...I may not get around to posting my Blogger HOW TO answers over the weekend.  I'll wait and see how many questions come through ... and how simple they are for me to answer.  I don't have too much time at my computer this weekend.  But keep the questions coming and I will try my best to get to them over the weekend.  If not ... Monday for sure!

And now on to our tutorial for the day ... I actually saw a question some where about Jump Breaks.  Today I'm going to be talking about what they are ... how to set them into your posts ... and how to customize them with graphics!  I'm going to go write that now.  Be back soon!!

Hugs!
Ro ;)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 20, 2011 at 11:12 PM , Blogger Nan @ Playful Decor said...

Ro, I did it! The ad is centered. I uploaded it to photobucket (had to google and learn about all that!) and then remove the link back to the album and replace with the linking website. It's not that I didn't want to use code, but I didn't have it and I hadn't heard from my contact to get the code. Whew!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home