This page has moved to a new address.

August 22, 2011 - Today's Questions and Answers from Blogger ED on voiceBoks.com

Mommy Blog Designs: August 22, 2011 - Today's Questions and Answers from Blogger ED on voiceBoks.com

Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011 - Today's Questions and Answers from Blogger ED on voiceBoks.com

Hey vB Blogger Bloggers! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! As I’m sure you noticed, I was off for the weekend. I spent a wonderful weekend with the family. I can’t believe that we’re in the final stretch of summer! So we spent the weekend doing some fun outdoorsy things!

But now back to work ... and that means it’s time to get down to some serious BLOGGER business!

You guys are giving me an easy night tonight! Only 3 questions have come in since our last Blogger questions and answer session. Perhaps you were all off for the weekend as well ... or perhaps I’ve just been doing a really great answering all your questions, and there’s none left!! lol!!

Whatever the case may be ... here are tonight’s answers ...


@Tracy C "Hi Ro. So, I figured out how to add fancy social media buttons to my blog...all grouped together. But, my facebook icon isn't working, and I cannot figure out what is wrong in my html. I would love your help with this. Thanks!"

MY ANSWER - Hey Tracy! Your blog is looking great! I just checked it out! Congrats! And your social networking buttons are set ... but yes ... I see what you’re saying ... the Facebook icon is not working. DM me with the code you used for that widget and I’ll have a look. I’m not sure why it isn’t working ... but I’ll have a look at what you set, and we’ll get to the bottom of it. You’ll be up and running in no time! It’s probably just something so simple, and you’re too close to it to see. A fresh set of eyes can really help sometimes. I’m happy to help!

@Julie I read your blog the other day and removed the navi bar. Everything was fine until today. Suddenly all of my widgets are down at the bottom of my blog. The layout is set as it should be but on the actual blog they are at the bottom. I have no clue how to fix this.

MY ANSWER - You are not the only one who has had their sidebars appear as ‘below’ bars! I’ve heard of it happening a few times now. Blogger seems to be sorting out some kind of a bug right now. Sometimes, when you add extra code, it does something funky to the sidebars. It even happened to me the other day when I was putting in an extra line of code for a paypal button. And I think it was @Courtney the other day who was having the same problem when she put in a new code. I think she was adding a Google + button if I’m remembering correctly.

My suggestion ... remove the code ... refresh ... and try it again. That should do the trick. Let me know if not, and we can look into it further.

@Laura - Has anyone else had trouble leaving comments using their google account. For about the past 2 weeks, when I leave a comment, then select "google" and "comment", I get this message "Your current account (laura.day74@yahoo.com) does not have access to view this page." So, I log back into google using the only email address I have (the one above), it takes me back to the blog I was on (with my comment still in the edit mode) & I hit "google" again & I get the same message. So I either have to leave a comment using the "Name/URL" tab or if that isn't available, I can't leave a comment. This is causing a problem, since VoiceBoks is all about leaving comments. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

MY ANSWER - I have personally not experienced this ... so not too sure. I know that GFC is being REALLY fussy right now ... sometimes showing and sometimes completely missing on a lot of blogs. Especially when using Google Chrome. Go figure! Let's all hope that Google is working on this, and that it'll be fixed soon. In the meantime, how about completely logging out of all your GOogle accounts, and then logging back in? Perhaps it may just need something so simple as that. It's worth a try!

************
See ... you ladies sure gave me an easy night tonight! I guess everyone was off having a wonderful weekend! There were not too many questions this weekend.

I’m here and happy to answer all your Blogger questions. We’ve got 1 week left to go on our Blogger ED Event. Keep sending over those questions!

And if you’re reading this post on my blog, and you’ve got Blogger questions ... be sure to hop on over to voiceBoks.com! It’s free to join ... and I’m hosting an event over there specifically for answering all your Blogger Questions! If you’ve got questions, come on over and chat with us! I’m looking forward to helping you too!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 24, 2011 at 12:10 AM , Blogger Julie said...

Thanks Ro, That did the trick. I figured it out the other night and that was exactly how I did it. I appreciate all your help.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home