This page has moved to a new address.

Crackin' the Blogger Code ... another HOW TO Blogger Tutorial: How to post to your category page ... and NOT the main blog page

Mommy Blog Designs: Crackin' the Blogger Code ... another HOW TO Blogger Tutorial: How to post to your category page ... and NOT the main blog page

Friday, August 26, 2011

Crackin' the Blogger Code ... another HOW TO Blogger Tutorial: How to post to your category page ... and NOT the main blog page

This is a neat trick that I learned recently. Sometimes you want to make a post and have it appear on one of your category pages ... but you really don’t want it to appear on your main blog page. I’ve wanted to do this a few times, and I’m sure if you knew it was possible, you would probably use this handy trick as well ...

So here it is ... and it’s so simple you’re not going to even believe it!


Log into your Blogger Dashboard and write your post in your post editor as you normally would. Be sure to enter the labels necessary to have the post appear in the appropriate category page. (For any questions on setting that up, be sure to see my previous Blogger tutorial, using categories and labels in your menu bar)

Down at the bottom of your post editor, right below LABELS, you’ll see a button called POST OPTIONS. Click on that.

A few new options will appear ... one of which is editing the post date and time. Backdate your post so that it is earlier than the last blog post on your main blog page.

Then click SAVE and you’re done!

You’re post will show in your category page ... but it will not show on your main blog page.

Hope that helps ya!
Happy Blogging!!
Hugs,
Ro :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 27, 2011 at 3:51 AM , Blogger Essential Mama Baby said...

What a great tip! Thank you!
Stopping by from Alexa Hop. I'm already a follower!

http://www.essentialmamababy.blogspot.com

 
At August 29, 2011 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Will it show up in the archives though? If someone clicks on a month in my sidebar, will the post appear amongst the posts for that month, even though it's not on the main page? I am trying to do mini-post type things, and this would be a neat trick to keep them from getting mixed in with my regular blogs... but would they show up in the archives if someone clicked on a month?

Also, would my email subscribers get these posts mailed to them just like the regular ones? Would they show up in people's RSS feed readers? Just wondering... I'm trying to do something a little tricky here -- I describe my dilemma in the Blogger Ed forum, so if you could check that out, that would be great! Whenever you get the chance! You rock! :-)

 
At October 3, 2011 at 5:31 AM , Blogger Corsley said...

Thanks for including my blog in this great selection… I wasn’t expecting… I always use your lists to get inspired by…
Wordpress Website Development

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home