This page has moved to a new address.

Crackin' the Blogger Code ... another HOW TO Blogger Tutorial: How to Remove The Blogger Menu Bar

Mommy Blog Designs: Crackin' the Blogger Code ... another HOW TO Blogger Tutorial: How to Remove The Blogger Menu Bar

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Crackin' the Blogger Code ... another HOW TO Blogger Tutorial: How to Remove The Blogger Menu Bar

I was asked a very interesting question yesterday on Blogger Ed from voiceBoks.com. I’m sure this question has gone through the minds of most Blogger Blog owners ...

“How do I get my Blogger Blog to look more like a WordPress Blog?”


The very first thing ... and don’t worry ... this is a SUPER easy thing to do ... is to add some CSS and remove the Blogger Menu Bar.

This bar is one of the first thing that appears on the site ... and it screams BLOGGER! I always remove this bar as soon as I get into a site.

Here’s how to remove the Blogger Menu Bar ... 
  1. Log in to your Blogger Dashboard 
  2. Click on DESIGN 
  3. Click on TEMPLATE DESIGNER 
  4. You will then be taken to a new screen. Along the left hand side of the page, you’ll see a menu list. Click on the bottom option - ADVANCED 
  5. A new list will appear. Scroll through the list until the very last option - ADD CSS. Click on that. 
  6. A window will appear where you will be able to add some instructions. 
  7. Copy & paste the following code EXACTLY as it appears: 
#navbar-iframe {display: none !important;}body .navbar {
height:0px;
}
.content-outer {
margin-top:0px;
}

Then click the big orange button at the top right of your screen APPLY TO BLOG ... and check out your blog with your nice, neat, blogger bar-less blog! 

How easy was that??!!
Oh ... one thing to note ... CONGRATULATIONS!  If you were following along, you just did 2 amazing things!  Not only did you remove the menu bar ... but you also removed the extra space left behind from taking the menu bar out!  

I've personally read many Blogger tutorials on how to remove the Blogger bar, but few of them actually mention how to remove the space behind it as well.  I just gave you both pieces ... all wrapped up into one easy to do step!  

Now the tricky part ... with the Blogger bar gone ...

How do you now log in to make your next post?

You have 2 options for logging back in to Blogger:
  1. At the bottom of each post, you’ll see a little pen. That is the edit pen, and if you click that, it will take you into your dashboard. 
  2. Or ... you can just go through Blogger.com. That will allow you to log in as well. 
So that’s it. A quick and easy HOW TO tutorial for Blogger ... on how to remove the Blogger Menu Bar.

Got Blogger questions? I’d love to answer them! I’m currently leading a Blogger Ed group on voiceBoks.com ... the #1 mommy blogger networking community. Mommy bloggers from all around are rallying together to help, guide, and support one another through this crazy blog-o-sphere! Join me there and I’ll be sure to answer all of your questions!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 at 11:55 PM , Blogger Julie said...

I am so excited to find your blog. I am a longtime blogger who is trying to learn more about coding and cracking the code. I need this blog. I just learned something new.

Julie from Just Jules
www.julesmpg.blogspot.com

 
At August 18, 2011 at 2:38 AM , Blogger Janie {HooGoesWhere} said...

thanks for the tip Ro! I just implemented this on my blog!

Janie via vB

 
At August 18, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Syed Store said...

Ro, You Rock, amazing women. Hey I have an other question, hop I won't make you upset. Here you go, How can I have a pretty background on my blog like you have on side bar and banner how come I add that?. I do not like regular templates but have no choice. I apologize if this is too much to ask.
Thanks a lot
bushra

 
At August 18, 2011 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Katrina said...

So cool! I just did that and my blog looks 10x's better! Okay, maybe not TEN times better, but it's definitely an improvement :)

Thanks so much!
Katrina
Crayon On My Walls
They All Call Me Mom

 
At August 18, 2011 at 4:01 PM , Blogger busymommy said...

Thank you so much for these tutorials!! I have been saving them in my inbox, and will be going thru them all hopefully early next week when I have time off from work!!

 
At August 20, 2011 at 11:56 PM , Blogger Charm said...

I'm so glad I ran across your blog. Thanks so much for these tips. I love it.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 2:29 AM , Blogger Courtney said...

Thank you so much!

 
At August 31, 2011 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Kristen said...

I hate to be the problem child, but I just tried it...followed the instructions exactly...and it didn't work. Any suggestions?

 
At September 7, 2011 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Handy Housemom said...

awesome!! DONE! THANKS SO MUCH :-)

 
At September 27, 2011 at 12:41 AM , Blogger SEO Consultant said...

Really Your Post is very good and helpful. i am very happy to read your post. Keep update I will return soon. My webstie World Cup Cricket

Get a Free MasterCard

Blogger Tutorials


Thanks

 
At October 23, 2011 at 11:00 PM , Blogger Christy said...

It's not working for me either. :(

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home