This page has moved to a new address.

Blogger's New Dynamic Views

Mommy Blog Designs: Blogger's New Dynamic Views

Monday, October 3, 2011

Blogger's New Dynamic Views

So I tried it. It lasted about an hour. I tried Blogger's new Dynamic Views. Sure ... it sounded real cool ... and that's why I jumped on board. But I'm a little confused. Isn't one of the main point of blogging to connect and interact with your readers? Maybe I'm missing something here ... but I can't seem to get any of my follow buttons on this nice new blog. I've tried a few different ways now ... and I can't get my GFC to show ... not can I get links to my Twitter and Facebook on here. So ... I'm now going to switch back. I gave Blogger's new Dynamic Views a try ... but I have to admit that I'm not overly impressed. At least for now. I understand that it's still in Beta ... so perhaps once the new customization options are introduced, I might switch back. BUT ... only if they get it right. I'm off to go re-do my blog back to the way it was before. Hope I haven't lost too much in the switch!

3 Comments:

At October 3, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Blogger Spilled Milkshake said...

I'm glad you tested it out first. It's been on my to-do list to play around with. But I have to be honest, I've been fiddling on your site for 5 minutes now and I don't see a thing about it I like. Sure, it's cool that I can switch around how the content is displayed, but cool is not enough for me to like the new dynamic views. And I think I prefer to see a blog the way the blog owner wants me to - it's part of the personality of the blog, if you know what I mean.

The magazine layout is really awesome - but I think I'll just stick to adding my own coding to create the effect until Blogger gets this figured out lol!!

 
At October 3, 2011 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Rosann said...

Wow, I'm not liking it at all. Prefer your previous layout and look over this.

Blessings,
Rosann

 
At October 4, 2011 at 3:07 AM , Blogger Bruce Polderman said...

Thanks for trying out Dynamic Views! Before you throw in the towel, I thought I'd offer a bit more clarity:

1. It's not in Beta. We launched a "Preview" of this in March, but what we introduced last week was the integration of Dynamic Views into Blogger. ie. You can now select a Dynamic View for your blog and establish a default view.

2. What we launched was only phase 1. We plan to introduce a LOT more features in Dynamic Views over the coming weeks. Dynamic Views is a significant change from the way readers visualize a blog today, so we decided to introduce this in phases and let folks begin experimenting with it. While some bloggers like yourself have invested a lot of time and energy in personalizing/customizing their blog, many others haven't, so they're less concerned with switching their template to a Dynamic View.

3. We realize that many bloggers really like their gadgets. Gadgets have to be entirely rewritten to work with Dynamic Views since it's based on a different technology. We absolutely plan to introduce gadgets to Dynamic Views (in the very near future!) so stay tuned!

4. We also realize that many users (like yourself) have worked hard to customize their blogs. Similar to gadgets, we absolutely plan to enable you to fully customize your blog template the same as you can with traditional templates today. So again, stay tuned!

Happy blogging.

Bruce Polderman
Product Manager | Blogger

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home