This page has moved to a new address.

Calling All Mommy Experts!

Mommy Blog Designs: Calling All Mommy Experts!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Calling All Mommy Experts!

Are you a mom (or dad)? Are you an expert at something? Do you have some words of wisdom that you could share with other moms?

Would be willing to trade any words of mommy wisdom for fresh, new traffic to your website or blog?

If so, please read on!

Myself, along with Lexie Lane (from voiceBoks.com) are the process of creating a new information resource for moms. I can’t tell you too much about it now ... as we haven’t officially launched yet. Our projected launch date is coming up in about 2 weeks on October 18 (My bday ... yeay!!)

This new website is something completely new to the mommy community, and we’re so excited to share it with you! We know that this is going to be a great resource for moms for 2 reasons:
  1. There's going to be a ton of useful information for moms, on a variety of topics
  2. There’s going to be an opportunity for moms to contribute content to the site, in exchange for links and exposure back to their own site or blog.

Here’s why I’m writing this today ...

We’re looking for some moms to help us fill up the content. We’re looking for quality, informational articles to post on the site.

We’re looking for articles on the following topics:

  • Beauty 
  • Blogosphere 
  • Business & finance 
  • Children 
  • Education 
  • Entertainment 
  • Family 
  • Food 
  • Living Green 
  • Health 
  • Hobbies 
  • Home 
  • Pregnancy 
  • Self Help 
  • Sports 
  • Travel
Do you have something to share that fits into any of these categories? If so, we’d love to hear from you! We’re looking for INFORMATION articles. We’re not looking for blog posts. Think more reference-y (if that’s word!). How To’s, Step-by-Step lists, or tutorials would be great! Nothing written in first person.

Your article can be as long or as short as you’d like ... and you’re welcome to include some graphics. You’re also welcome to contribute as many articles as you’d like!

What’s in it for you? 

TRAFFIC! We’re expecting this new site to be a big hit! There’s nothing else like it out there, and with the research we’ve done, there is a need for it. Each of your articles will include your picture, your bio, and a link to your website (s). This back link is going to be amazing for your SEO! AND you’ll get tons of page views from your article.

So ... if you’re interested in extra traffic to your blog, then take a few minutes and write some articles. Please send your articles to mommyarticles@gmail.com.

Note that not all articles will be accepted. Be sure to follow an informational format (and not conversational blogging) to ensure your article is included.

Happy writing!!

Ps ... as an additional bonus, and our way of saying thank you, we’re going to be allowing all those who contribute articles first peek at this new site. We’re hoping to go into pre-launch next week ... and for those who submit articles, you’ll be the first ones in!

PPs ... we now have a Facebook page for our new secret site!! Click LIKE us on Facebook to stay up to date with all pre-launch info ...

4 Comments:

At October 6, 2011 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Amber @JadeLouise Designs said...

This is Very exciting! I've been working on my articles since Lexi announced it. I LOVE this idea and I can't wait to see it!

 
At October 7, 2011 at 7:06 AM , Blogger busymommy said...

Hello;p I was curious when these articles are due? I have a very busy weekend, (I bartend weekends), and I won't really have a lot of time to get these finished til early next week. Also, how can I submit them? I believe I need to have a word processing program? is that right? Sorry for the questions, lol, I just never had to submit articles before!! Thank you for the post!!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 5:35 PM , Blogger Mommy LaDy Club said...

I'm working on a How To right now. I was on vacation, so I'm glad that the deadline was extended:) I should be able to get it in!

 
At October 9, 2011 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Rebecka said...

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the no first person requirement! Almost all of my writing is first person, experiential. Maybe I'll take a stab at this to push myself outside the box?

I've posted some awards for you on my blog. You may not do the blog "awards thing" so it's up to you how you choose to use them.
I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your talents as a blog designer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home